Quick update today; just wanted you to know that some qualitative discussion of energy and momentum appears in this new article, to which I will add a discussion of mass over the next day or two. The article also has a bit more about Emmy Noether, the mathematician whom I wrote about yesterday.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- The Importance and Challenges of “Open Data” at the Large Hadron Collider
- A Broad Search for Fast Hidden Particles
- Breaking a Little New Ground at the Large Hadron Collider
- “Seeing” Double: Neutrinos and Photons Observed from the Same Cosmic Source
- In Memory of Joe Polchinski, the Brane Master
- The Significance of Yesterday’s Gravitational Wave Announcement: an FAQ
- A Scientific Breakthrough! Combining Gravitational and Electromagnetic Waves
- LIGO and VIRGO Announce a Joint Observation of a Black Hole Merger