Quick update today; just wanted you to know that some qualitative discussion of energy and momentum appears in this new article, to which I will add a discussion of mass over the next day or two. The article also has a bit more about Emmy Noether, the mathematician whom I wrote about yesterday.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- At a Workshop on Hidden Particles at the LHC
- Celebrating the Standard Model: The Forces of Nature
- Celebrating the 34th Birthday of the Higgs Boson!
- The Size of an Atom: How Scientists First Guessed It’s About Quantum Physics
- Black Holes, Mercury, and Einstein: The Role of Dimensional Analysis
- E = m c-Squared: The Simple Dimensions of a Discovery
- Dimensional Analysis: A Secret Weapon in Physics
- News Flash: Has a New Axial Higgs Boson (Possibly Dark Matter) Been Discovered?