Taking advantage of our day and a half off from physics talks in Grenoble, I’ve written the answers to some questions that are often asked (or should be asked) about the Higgs particle. I had planned to do a very careful job of explaining what the Higgs particle is all about — and eventually I will — but it seems as though doing something quick would be a good idea, given that the search for the Higgs particle has leapt into the news again and there’s a lot of interest in it right now. So here you go; the Higgs FAQ. I hope this is useful to you!
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Geometry From Within: Evidence for a Round Earth
- Mapping the Unknown, Times Three
- Is Someone Making Artificial Earthquakes under La Palma?
- Physics is Broken!!!
- Has a New Force of Nature Been Discovered?
- The New York Times Remembers A Great Physicist
- A Catastrophic Weekend for Theoretical High Energy Physics
- A Ring of Controversy Around a Black Hole Photo