Reminder: I’m giving a public lecture about the Large Hadron Collider today, Saturday, April 28th, 1 p.m. New York time/10 a.m. Pacific, through the MICA Popular Talks series, held online at the Large Auditorium on StellaNova, Second Life. You’ll need a Second Life viewer to watch it live. Should you miss it, both the audio and the slides will be posted later for you to look at.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- E = m c-Squared: The Simple Dimensions of a Discovery
- Dimensional Analysis: A Secret Weapon in Physics
- News Flash: Has a New Axial Higgs Boson (Possibly Dark Matter) Been Discovered?
- A Big Think Made of Straw: Bad Arguments Against Future Colliders
- General Relativity, Tides, and Who Orbits Whom
- 5th Webpage on the Triplet Model is Up
- Long Live LLPs!
- Coordinate Independence, Kepler, and Planetary Orbits