Welcome to my new website! This site will serve as a clearing house for all the wonderful conversations that I hope to have with the public about science, and for my posts with the answers to the most commonly asked questions concerning science most broadly, physics in general, my own field of particle physics, and the Large Hadron Collider in particular.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- The Importance and Challenges of “Open Data” at the Large Hadron Collider
- A Broad Search for Fast Hidden Particles
- Breaking a Little New Ground at the Large Hadron Collider
- “Seeing” Double: Neutrinos and Photons Observed from the Same Cosmic Source
- In Memory of Joe Polchinski, the Brane Master
- The Significance of Yesterday’s Gravitational Wave Announcement: an FAQ
- A Scientific Breakthrough! Combining Gravitational and Electromagnetic Waves
- LIGO and VIRGO Announce a Joint Observation of a Black Hole Merger