Welcome to my new website! This site will serve as a clearing house for all the wonderful conversations that I hope to have with the public about science, and for my posts with the answers to the most commonly asked questions concerning science most broadly, physics in general, my own field of particle physics, and the Large Hadron Collider in particular.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- At a Workshop on Hidden Particles at the LHC
- Celebrating the Standard Model: The Forces of Nature
- Celebrating the 34th Birthday of the Higgs Boson!
- The Size of an Atom: How Scientists First Guessed It’s About Quantum Physics
- Black Holes, Mercury, and Einstein: The Role of Dimensional Analysis
- E = m c-Squared: The Simple Dimensions of a Discovery
- Dimensional Analysis: A Secret Weapon in Physics
- News Flash: Has a New Axial Higgs Boson (Possibly Dark Matter) Been Discovered?