Welcome to my new website! This site will serve as a clearing house for all the wonderful conversations that I hope to have with the public about science, and for my posts with the answers to the most commonly asked questions concerning science most broadly, physics in general, my own field of particle physics, and the Large Hadron Collider in particular.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Watch for Auroras
- An Experience of a Lifetime: My 1999 Eclipse Adventure
- Ongoing Chance of Northern (or Southern) Lights
- Lights in the Sky (maybe…)
- Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
- Alternative Facts and Crying Wolf
- What’s all this fuss about having alternatives?
- An Interesting Result from CMS, and its Implications