Here are some video clips of talks that I have given to a public audience (with more to come!)
- A Ring of Truth: Seeking Answers to Big Questions at the Large Hadron Collider (Secret Science Club, Brooklyn, NY, March 16, 2011)
- Excerpt 1 (6 mins.) Find out why the Higgs is often called “The God Particle”, and what a “Field” is.
- Excerpt 2 (7 mins.) Find out why you do care about the Higgs field, and how to make and detect Z particles.
- Excerpt 3 (8 mins.) Learn how to find the Higgs particle!
- Q&A excerpts (10 mins.) An assortment of excellent questions and sometimes good answers.
Here’s an hour-long on-line radio interview about the Large Hadron Collider, with me as interviewee, and well-known science writer, documentary film-maker and MIT professor Tom Levenson as interviewer:
Here’s a one and a half hour panel discussion (from the March 2012 SEARCH workshop) that is at a professional level, so not much of it is really layperson-friendly. But some of you may find it interesting to hear theoretical particle physicists reacting to this very interesting moment: when the data from the Large Hadron Collider is enough to hint at a Higgs particle but is insufficient for convincing evidence. In my post from May 4th, 2012 you’ll find suggestions on what you might find most worth listening to, and a glossary to help you with a bit of the jargon.
- SEARCH workshop panel discussion (University of Maryland, March 18, 2012)