There are many searches for new phenomena that were motivated by people who hope supersymmetry will be found at the LHC. But these same searches are capable of finding many other phenomena too, so I am not calling them “searches for supersymmetry”. These searches are organized as sub-pages to this one. (9/14/11)
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Visiting the University of Maryland
- What’s the Status of the LHC Search for Supersymmetry?
- The Guardian’s Level-Headed Article on Fukushima
- No Comet, But Two Crescents
- Wednesday: Sean Carroll & I Interviewed Again by Alan Boyle
- The Fast and Glamorous Life of a Theoretical Physicist
- Comet ISON Befuddles the Experts
- Icy Comet ISON’s Trial By Fire