Here you will find my posts keeping an eye on what is new at the Large Hadron Collider. You can bet that most of what I will post here will be coverage of false hints of great discoveries. Such false alarms come and go all the time — though the press doesn’t seem to understand that! But true breakthroughs do occur, and we may well see them over the coming few years. So stay tuned!
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Why did so few people see Auroras on Friday night?
- Auroras — Quantum Physics in the Sky — Tonight?
- Will the Higgs Boson Destroy the Universe???
- Be Careful Waking Up a Sleeping Blog
- BICEP2’s Cosmic Polarization: Published, Reduced in Strength
- Some Higgs News from the LHCP Conference
- The BICEP2 Dust-Up Continues
- A Bright Flash in the Neighborhood