Here you will find my posts keeping an eye on what is new at the Large Hadron Collider. You can bet that most of what I will post here will be coverage of false hints of great discoveries. Such false alarms come and go all the time — though the press doesn’t seem to understand that! But true breakthroughs do occur, and we may well see them over the coming few years. So stay tuned!
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- The Significance of Yesterday’s Gravitational Wave Announcement: an FAQ
- A Scientific Breakthrough! Combining Gravitational and Electromagnetic Waves
- LIGO and VIRGO Announce a Joint Observation of a Black Hole Merger
- Watch for Auroras
- An Experience of a Lifetime: My 1999 Eclipse Adventure
- Ongoing Chance of Northern (or Southern) Lights
- Lights in the Sky (maybe…)
- Penny Wise, Pound Foolish