Here you will find my posts keeping an eye on what is new at the Large Hadron Collider. You can bet that most of what I will post here will be coverage of false hints of great discoveries. Such false alarms come and go all the time — though the press doesn’t seem to understand that! But true breakthroughs do occur, and we may well see them over the coming few years. So stay tuned!
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- The New York Times Remembers A Great Physicist
- A Catastrophic Weekend for Theoretical High Energy Physics
- A Ring of Controversy Around a Black Hole Photo
- The Black Hole `Photo’: Seeing More Clearly
- The Black Hole `Photo’: What Are We Looking At?
- A Black Day (and a Happy One) In Scientific History
- A Non-Expert’s Guide to a Black Hole’s Silhouette
- LHCb experiment finds another case of CP violation in nature