Following on Thursday’s post and yesterday’s about black holes, specifically about Hawking’s recent vague proposal that was so widely (but rather misleadingly) reported in the media, and about the back-story which explains why there’s so much confusion about black holes among scientists interested in quantum gravity, and why Hawking made his suggestion in the first place, I’ve been motivated to write up a new introduction to the black hole information paradox. This should provide the basic knowledge and the context that I’m sure many of you are looking for. Please take a look and send comments!
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- A Lunar Eclipse Overnight
- A Week in Canada
- Which Parts of the Big Bang Theory are Reliable, and Why?
- Did The Universe Really Begin With a Singularity?
- If It Holds Up, What Might BICEP2′s Discovery Mean?
- BICEP2: New Evidence Of Cosmic Inflation!
- A Primer On Today’s Events
- My New Articles on Big Bang, Inflation, Etc.