A second video excerpt from my public talk “A Ring of Truth”, given last March, is now available. I have put a link to it on the “Movie Clips” page. This excerpt explains briefly why the Higgs is important (even to you), what the Higgs field does in nature, and how particle physicists make and detect rare particles. [Things will be clearer if you watch excerpt 1 before watching excerpt 2.]
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Physics is Broken!!!
- Has a New Force of Nature Been Discovered?
- The New York Times Remembers A Great Physicist
- A Catastrophic Weekend for Theoretical High Energy Physics
- A Ring of Controversy Around a Black Hole Photo
- The Black Hole `Photo’: Seeing More Clearly
- The Black Hole `Photo’: What Are We Looking At?
- A Black Day (and a Happy One) In Scientific History