A second video excerpt from my public talk “A Ring of Truth”, given last March, is now available. I have put a link to it on the “Movie Clips” page. This excerpt explains briefly why the Higgs is important (even to you), what the Higgs field does in nature, and how particle physicists make and detect rare particles. [Things will be clearer if you watch excerpt 1 before watching excerpt 2.]
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Ongoing Chance of Northern (or Southern) Lights
- Lights in the Sky (maybe…)
- Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
- Alternative Facts and Crying Wolf
- What’s all this fuss about having alternatives?
- An Interesting Result from CMS, and its Implications
- A Hidden Gem At An Old Experiment?
- The 2016 Data Kills The Two-Photon Bump