Ok, folks, the web site “Of Particular Significance” is officially open for business. A few articles, posts and video clips are up, and news from the first big LHC summer conference starts flowing in later this week! Take a look around and check back often…
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- The Black Hole `Photo’: Seeing More Clearly
- The Black Hole `Photo’: What Are We Looking At?
- A Black Day (and a Happy One) In Scientific History
- A Non-Expert’s Guide to a Black Hole’s Silhouette
- LHCb experiment finds another case of CP violation in nature
- The Importance and Challenges of “Open Data” at the Large Hadron Collider
- A Broad Search for Fast Hidden Particles
- Breaking a Little New Ground at the Large Hadron Collider