Exploring the structure of matter leads us from the world of our daily lives to the world of electrons, quarks, gluons, and the other “particles” studied by particle physicists. Start here with an article on molecules, and work your way down…
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Has a New Force of Nature Been Discovered?
- The New York Times Remembers A Great Physicist
- A Catastrophic Weekend for Theoretical High Energy Physics
- A Ring of Controversy Around a Black Hole Photo
- The Black Hole `Photo’: Seeing More Clearly
- The Black Hole `Photo’: What Are We Looking At?
- A Black Day (and a Happy One) In Scientific History
- A Non-Expert’s Guide to a Black Hole’s Silhouette