Exploring the structure of matter leads us from the world of our daily lives to the world of electrons, quarks, gluons, and the other “particles” studied by particle physicists. Start here with an article on molecules, and work your way down…
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- A Hidden Gem At An Old Experiment?
- The 2016 Data Kills The Two-Photon Bump
- A Flash in the Pan Flickers Out
- The Summer View at CERN
- Spinoffs from Fundamental Science
- LIGO detects a second merger of black holes
- Giving two free lectures 6/20,27 about gravitational waves
- Pop went the Weasel, but Vroom goes the LHC