Some technical concepts useful for readers who want to know more are defined below this page: put your mouse over “Articles and Posts” and make your way down the menu through “Large Hadron Collider FAQ” and “Some Technical Concepts” to find them.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Spinoffs from Fundamental Science
- LIGO detects a second merger of black holes
- Giving two free lectures 6/20,27 about gravitational waves
- Pop went the Weasel, but Vroom goes the LHC
- The Two-Photon Excess at LHC Brightens Slightly
- Advance Thoughts on LIGO
- So What Is It???
- Is This the Beginning of the End of the Standard Model?