The Moon will occult (i.e. move in front of and eclipse) the planet Venus today, as visible (yes, in daytime, if you have binoculars or a telescope) across the United States sometime between 11 and 12:45 this morning, depending on where you live. Earlier out west, later in the east. If you want to see the heavens are really in motion, here’s a chance. Below is a link to an article that gives the details:
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Physics is Broken!!!
- Has a New Force of Nature Been Discovered?
- The New York Times Remembers A Great Physicist
- A Catastrophic Weekend for Theoretical High Energy Physics
- A Ring of Controversy Around a Black Hole Photo
- The Black Hole `Photo’: Seeing More Clearly
- The Black Hole `Photo’: What Are We Looking At?
- A Black Day (and a Happy One) In Scientific History