Lots of very interesting details to report from the HCP Conference in Paris. But they’ll have to wait for the weekend. The main news of the moment: The search for the Higgs particle moves forward a step. You can read today’s article about it here.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Ongoing Chance of Northern (or Southern) Lights
- Lights in the Sky (maybe…)
- Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
- Alternative Facts and Crying Wolf
- What’s all this fuss about having alternatives?
- An Interesting Result from CMS, and its Implications
- A Hidden Gem At An Old Experiment?
- The 2016 Data Kills The Two-Photon Bump