Lots of very interesting details to report from the HCP Conference in Paris. But they’ll have to wait for the weekend. The main news of the moment: The search for the Higgs particle moves forward a step. You can read today’s article about it here.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- In Memory of Joe Polchinski, the Brane Master
- The Significance of Yesterday’s Gravitational Wave Announcement: an FAQ
- A Scientific Breakthrough! Combining Gravitational and Electromagnetic Waves
- LIGO and VIRGO Announce a Joint Observation of a Black Hole Merger
- Watch for Auroras
- An Experience of a Lifetime: My 1999 Eclipse Adventure
- Ongoing Chance of Northern (or Southern) Lights
- Lights in the Sky (maybe…)