I have updated the article laying out some of the implications of the search for the Higgs particle, as of September 2011. In particular, I filled in the last two subjects in the table of contents:
- The Standard Model Higgs particle
- A Standard Model Higgs sector but with Other New Particles
- The case of two Higgs particles
- The case of five Higgs particles
- Supersymmetry: Five Higgs particles along with superpartners [new!]
- No Higgs particle (to speak of) [new!]
If you’d like to learn a bit about how Higgs particles work in supersymmetric theories, and about how a theory can have a Higgs field but no Higgs particle, you may enjoy taking a look at the new material. Implications of the Higgs searches so far are still rather limited for these two cases, but the article describes what you should keep an eye on, and why.