Working hard at Canada’s Perimeter Institute, that is. Longer posts are on hold for a couple of days while some friends and I stuff our brains with the details of as many ATLAS and CMS papers as we can handle. We’ve gotten through fifteen or so, I suppose, on several topics. Already I have learned a lot about the Higgs searches and the supersymmetry-like searches, which eventually will make their way onto these pages. There are many devils in the details… In the meantime, in case you’re interested, I did a small update to the article on the implications of current data for Higgs particles of various types.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Physics is Broken!!!
- Has a New Force of Nature Been Discovered?
- The New York Times Remembers A Great Physicist
- A Catastrophic Weekend for Theoretical High Energy Physics
- A Ring of Controversy Around a Black Hole Photo
- The Black Hole `Photo’: Seeing More Clearly
- The Black Hole `Photo’: What Are We Looking At?
- A Black Day (and a Happy One) In Scientific History