I get lots of great questions from experts as well as novices. The problem with expert questions is that they often take a lot of space to answer, and they make the discussions unreadable for the less knowledgeable. Since my main purpose is to serve the public, not the physics community per se, I’ve decided to direct particularly technical questions that I can’t answer in a few words to this area.
First Time Visitor?This site addresses various aspects of science, with a current focus on particle physics. I aim to serve the public, including those with no background knowledge of physics. If you're not yourself an expert, you might want to click on "New? Start Here" or "About" to get started. If you'd like to watch my hour-long public lecture about the Higgs particle, try ``Movie Clips''.
- Why did so few people see Auroras on Friday night?
- Auroras — Quantum Physics in the Sky — Tonight?
- Will the Higgs Boson Destroy the Universe???
- Be Careful Waking Up a Sleeping Blog
- BICEP2’s Cosmic Polarization: Published, Reduced in Strength
- Some Higgs News from the LHCP Conference
- The BICEP2 Dust-Up Continues
- A Bright Flash in the Neighborhood